Padhar Hospital is a charitable Christian Mission Hospital registered under the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Madhya Pradesh. It is situated in Betul district located in the southern border of Madhya Pradesh on the National Highway (No- 69) joining Nagpur (south, 200 kms) and Bhopal (north, 160 kms). This district is located on the central highlands of India, in a very rural setting among Tribal’s named Gond’s.
Padhar Hospital, which reflects 52years of healing and hope since its existence, has earned a name for the high quality of its nursing services
School of Nursing building stands independently in the vast campus of Padhar Hospital and has all academic infrastructure and requirements such as Fundamental of Nursing, Nutrition, Maternal and Child Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Anatomy and Physiology and Computer laboratories; not forgetting internet facilities as well as a well equipped Library, as prescribed by the statutory nursing bodies. The clinical areas of the hospital have all the specialties with ultramodern equipment to cater to the practical learning and skills of the nursing students. With faith in Lord our God, we look forward to many new academic and professional pursuits to upgrade and meet the needs of budding professionals in Nursing.
The primary objective of this institution is to provide physical, mental, emotional and spiritual healing in the Spirit of Christ to all in general but especially to the poor and needy regardless of caste or creed.
To this end the institution provide diagnostic, curative, preventive, palliative, research, developmental and rehabilitative services, both in the hospital as well as in the community. We seek to train and develop local Christian leadership in various medical and paramedical disciplines with the purpose of serving in the mission field. We seek to be witnesses and ambassadors of Christ in our service to mankind to bring His (spiritual) Kingdom on earth. To this end we network with all like-minded individuals and organizations.
In this modern day and age, care of a patient has to, "all round" or "comprehensive." Patients need their physical diseases and ailments treated but there are the mental and environmental aspects also. Within the health team doctors emphasize 'diagnosis' and treatment, but the "Total patient Care" is left to the nurses.
A nurse works not only 'for' the patient (custodial care) and 'to' the patient (technical care) but also 'with' the patient (professional care). The nurse is expected to assume a supporting and counseling role and encourage the patient to find self direction, teach the patient not only about his ailments but also about day to' day problems surrounding or causing ailments and to work with the patient and his family towards adequate rehabilitation.
So a nurse is an important member of the Health Team and her role is vital.
We the staff of School of Nursing believe that the nursing is an integral part of Health care, in which nurses are important partners in health care system.
We believe that nurses trained at degree, diploma level are equipped with scientific based thorough knowledge and are competent to give total comprehensive nursing care.
We also believe that nurses thus trained are able to understand and comprehend the social and health related problems in the hospital setting and the community and will be able to intervene and work as a social change agents.
We also believe that by the end of this training they will develop all the potential leadership quality and contribute towards the progress of changing health needs of the society with love and compassion.
We also believe in projecting our selfless service of truth and compassion, instilling it in the minds of our students thus developing all round personality.
Mission Statement of School of Nursing:
We the management and staff of Padhar Hospital and School of Nursing affirm our conviction and faith in delivering quality patient care to all those who need health care, irrespective of caste, creed religion and sex. The School of Nursing has a loyalty to work in a team with team spirit in imparting value based nursing education at degree and diploma level to prepare them to contribute with knowledge and skill to build a healthy community and a nation at large.
Objectives of the Course:
The students at the end of training diploma level will…
1) Be able to access the total nursing care needs of the individual patients and families in depth and meet these needs by utilizing all possible resources, with scientific based knowledge.
2) Be able to develop skill and give quality bedside nursing care in hospital and community health set up.
3) Be aware of the various forces affecting the community social health and welfare programmes, & be able & willing to participate in planning and carrying out community health programmes.
4) Be able to develop skills to teach both formally and informally in clinical areas and in nursing education programmes,
5) Be able to critically evaluate the areas which need improvement and bring about possible changes.
6) Be able to delegate, guide and co-ordinate the care given by other allied health personnel and non professional workers.
7) Be able to assume greater responsibility and leadership in the health team and direct others to render a high standard of nursing care.
8) Be able to assume beginning positions of responsibility and make a maximum contribution to the promotion and growth of the profession.
9) Be able to develop understanding of research methodology & recognize the need of nursing research.